Who is Brigitte?
Hey, hey! Our Overwatch boost team has decided to release this guide for free so all of you can get a good grip on Brigitte in a couple of minutes. Brigitte is a new, second in a row tanky-support
hero, the 27th addition to the Overwatch roster. We've had teases from Jeff Kaplan on the forums, some images of schematics and now we have Torbjorn's daughter in full.
Why do we say she's a tanky-support? Her specialty is armor, she can throw Repair Packs to her allies, damage enemies with a long-range Flail weapon. On top of that, she has a Barrier Shield which is her defense mechanism while she swings at enemy players in the way. Meaning she can keep the frontline and heal the team at once.
Check out her rank on our Overwatch Ranked Tier List
Rocket Flail [LMB]
Brigitte's melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.
Repair Pack [E]
Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armor instead.
Whip Shot [LSHIFT]
Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.
Barrier Shield [RMB]
Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.
Shield Bash [RMB + LSHIFT]
Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte can dash forward to stun an enemy.
Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armor that lasts until it’s removed by damage.
Brigitte Tips & Tricks
- Your goal is to be in the fight and hit enemies with your Rocket Flail [LMB] and Whip Shot [LSHIFT] in order to be effective and heal allies, not to stay out of the way like many other supports. Brigitte heals herself and allies when dealing damage.
- If your team is topped up but you know someone will soon take damage, like a tank or squishies in your team, give them a Repair Pack [E] anyway because they will receive armor on top of HP.
- Make sure to help your allies by peeling the flankers and divers with your Shield Bash [RMB + LSHIFT] and disrupting ults and combos.
- Whip Shot [LSHIFT] is also used as a peeling tool, for instance, Whip Shot the Winston jumping in at you or your team.
- Shield Bash [RMB + LSHIFT] can be used as a momentum starter and repositioning tool, our Ow boost team suggests
- Shield Bash [RMB + LSHIFT] will cancel enemy Reinhardt's shield or his charge, it will also cancel Genji's deflect.
- Don't hesitate to use Rally [Q] on yourself only if the situation requires you to be somewhere immediately but mostly save it for huge team attacks or defensive maneuver when you're grouped up similar to Lucio.
- You can use Whip Shot [LSHIFT] as a harassing and poking tool.
- Barrier Shield [RMB] is not really that wide like on Reinhardt, you are not Reinhardt.
- Be careful vs enemy Sombra, if you get hacked you lose pretty much all your kit.
I hope you enjoyed reading our guide and good luck with playing Brigitte! If you want more advanced lessons on Brigitte to truly master her, check out our Overwatch Coaching
section and find a coach that suits your needs.