Apex Legends’ Season 3 has brought us a brand new map called World’s Edge. In this guide, I will tell you what’s new with the map, the best landing spots for the best loot to risk ratio and a couple of tips & tricks.
My name is Blink and I’m a professional Apex Predator player here at Boosting Factory. In order to do my job in Apex Legends boosting team at the highest level, I needed to assemble this guide first for myself, then for you guys.
I’ll try to keep it short and clear not to use too much of your time, so let’s dig in.
New Apex Legends Map World’s Edge – What’s New?
- The new Apex Legends map is actually larger than Kings Canyon, about twice the size! This was a well-needed change to lessen the number of 3rd party encounters. You will also spend more time traveling between areas in open-world which could result in more sniping encounters (Thank god for Charge Rifle).
- The map focuses more on vertical rather than horizontal areas, you will find buildings with multiple floors.
- The supply ship is not present but there’s a train that that travels around the map, you can board it and grab loot from the wagons and loot boxes. Just like the ship, you will often find multiple squads and engage in a good old brawl.
- A new feature called Vaults is added, exactly 3 vaults are placed around the map that requires a Vault key to unlock and feature high and legendary tier loot.
- There are no more flyers, but rather spheres that I like to call eggs (:D). They change colors and you can destroy them in order for them to drop loot that will be in the rarity of the color you managed to destroy it.
The Top 3 Landing Spots in Apex Legends New Map World’s Edge
Note that these are my personal opinions and some players might disagree. I also suggest you rotate 3 of these or another 3 of your favorite spots in order to learn the area well and do better when fighting there at the start of the game.
Located in the north-west edge of the map, you are well protected from all but two sides – the one from Epicenter, and the one from Drill Sites. Surrounded by many mountains, this is one of my best spots with plenty of loot for your whole squad.
However, you may face multiple squads here so be prepared to fight, this isn’t a lone area of the map, but the risk-reward is, in my opinion, the best. The zone features 26 supply bins. There are a jump tower and a zipline to get the hell away if necessary.
2. The Dome
The dome is located in the south-east area of the map. Once again you’re protected from many sides and you can expect enemy squads from Lava City, as the players from Sorting Factory rarely go for the Dome after they clear out Sorting Factory.
There’s plenty of loot (22 loot boxes) for your squad and the population is medium as it’s a very edgy area (pun intended). There’s a jump tower to the north when you need to redeploy or escape.
A smaller zone when compared to Skyhook and The Dome, however, it offers a surprisingly good amount of loot (25 loot boxes) for a small zone.
If you notice more than 1 squad going for it, especially if you’re slower to them, try redirecting to the Epicenter as many players avoid that area due to being “too hot”, and that may be your chance to get The Epicenter all of yourself.
The Safest Landing Zone In The New Apex Legends Map
Not many people go to this zone and it offers medium loot (15 loot boxes). Your only worry is players from the Dome. However, you will probably loot it faster than they loot The Dome and escape on time if needed.
After you’re done you go can for The Geyser which is also often a safe zone but you will probably get in a brawl there.
Remaining Landing Zones In World’s Edge
This zone is a hit or miss, it’s fairly close to Capitol City which in my opinion is one of the worst zones to land with lots of RNG and 3rd party potential. The zone features only 15 loot boxes.
The Epicenter is fairly popular while being a small zone, therefore, land there only if you don’t see any other squads coming in.
A small zone that’s not quite popular, the loot is fairly small and only enough for one squad.
Land in this zone only if you’re the only squad. It features 13 loot boxes. There are 2 zip lines inside the zone that you can ride to loot faster and get away asap.
A medium-sized zone, pretty decent for one squad, or at least if you’re the faster squad out of two squads coming in. It features 19 loot boxes.
Not so popular, however, you might be needing to go to Capitol City and that, in my opinion, is not a good thing.
Large zone next to Drill Site. It features 29 loot boxes which are a great amount but there’s a lot of traveling through it.
Not so popular so it’s a decent landing zone. You will be mostly heading to Sorting Factory after.
Large zone with a small number of loot boxes and terrible RNG. Being 3rd partied there is your regular day.
Consider it a new Skull Town. Ugh. I really don’t suggest landing here during your Apex Legends ranked games.
The Train Yard
Medium-sized zone with not such a great loot even though there are 26 loot boxes if you include the tunnels.
It’s a fairly central place with Capitol City train track on the right, Lava Fissure on the left and Drill site on the northwest. Not an ideal zone for me.
The only good thing is that you can catch a train out of there.
A small zone with only 12 loot boxes, one of the lowest on the whole map. Also, a very central zone surrounded by basically everything. I would go to this zone as a last resort only and if you’re the only squad. Featuring 12 loot boxes.
This zone is only good if you’re an aggressive team that likes to push one of the other zones, grab kills and take their loot. By no standard, this is a zone for a chill game.
Medium-sized zone with the nice geyser in the middle that propels you in the air and gives you a jetpack to land wherever you want again.
Not so popular zone and fairly safe, in my opinion, it’s a good landing spot even if there’s another squad coming in. It features 17 loot boxes.
A huge zone on the southwest part of the map. Fairly well protected and has tons of loot including 48 loot boxes.
It will take you a while to clear it up but you will 99% of time face more squads there. At least try not to land in the very center of it.
Another large zone popular among squads that feature tons of loot, exactly 44 loot boxes.
However, it’s a fairly central area surrounded by many other zones on top of you probably facing many squads in there already. Similar to Capitol City, I’d avoid unless you want a Skull Townish experience.
And the last one, The Tree. Very small zone with only 13 loot boxes. Good for a chill match with not many squads landing here.
But I’d land here only if I attempt to 3rd party the Sorting Factory or Thermal Stations. Don’t expect a chill game, only looting here will be chill, action follows shortly after.
World’s Edge Tips & Tricks
- 1. When shooting at the loot sphere (egg), aim for the drone carrying it and try to use a heavy weapon or a sniper to one-shot it for the color you want. After blue color, Legendary follows and be prepared to hit it. If you hit the egg, it has more HP and it may not break, also being directly under the egg that you just broke can result in damage to you or even death!
- 2. Be careful not to stand in front of the train, it can kill you.
- 3. Vault keys drop from Legendary eggs, but they’re not that rare and you will see which Vaults have been opened and which have not. But if you go for a locked one, be careful about squads camping the spot or a different squad going for the same vault.
- 4. Snipers are a great choice on this map, Charge Rifle especially due to it being a hitscan weapon. Remember, the map is larger with more open areas.
Wrapping It Up
I hope you all enjoy this beautiful new map that breathes in fresh air into Apex Legends. I hope you learned a lot.
Let me know what you think about my zones and tips in the comment section below. 🙂