Hey everyone! Today I’m going to be talking about Valorant’s Sova. He is one of the highest skill-cap agents that came with Valorant’s release.
Sova’s strength is intel-gathering with his abilities, meaning that even if your aim is not the best, there’s a chance that a more mechanically skilled player from your team will be able to capitalize on the intel you’ve provided.
Let’s dig in with the abilities first!
I will below cover Sova’s abilities and tips to utilize them at the fullest potential just like the members of the Valorant boosting
Owl Drone (C)
Owl drone costs 400 credits and has 1 charge.
You launch a drone in the air that you can pilot and scout with, you can also aim and shoot a dart in order to mark the target for about 5 seconds for your whole team to see.
Owl Drone Tips
1. Aiming with the drone can be a little difficult, and if you miss the dart, there’s still a chance you saw where enemies are and that’s a great advantage.
2. Use the Owl Drone to scout ahead and get information on the enemy's position and movements.
3. Try to keep the Owl Drone hidden from the enemy, as it can be destroyed if spotted (100 HP).
4. Use the Owl Drone to distract the enemy team by flying it in a different direction, giving you and your team an opportunity to reposition.
5. Use the Owl Drone to spot for potential traps or traps that have been placed by the enemy team.
6. The Owl Drone can be used to quickly check corners and angles when pushing a site, where enemies may be hiding.
7. Keep in mind that the Owl Drone has a limited duration, use it effectively and don't waste it.
The shock darts cost 150 credits per charge and can hold up to 2 charges.
A direct hit with the dart will cause a whopping 90 damage, however, it also does damage in a short radius, but with a lot of falloff.
Shock Bolt Tips
1. These darts do not go through walls however, they do bounce off walls, so with a little geometry, you will be able to make some amazing plays and hits, possibly even killing people. Use ALTERNATE FIRE to add up to two bounces to this arrow.
2. A neat little trick is, plant or sits on the planted spike when attacking, and when you feel that the enemy is about to come in and try to defuse, shoot it right above in the air with a full charge, this will possibly kill people if it lands on top of their head when defusing, or at least delay their defuse because they’re afraid of dying.
3. Shoot both charges one after another or with a little delay, however, you might die a lot trying this because you are very exposed while aiming in the air and holding the dart charged up.
4. You should also watch the setups for each map on YouTube where pro players will show you exactly where to stand and how to shoot the arrow from that particular area, to kill enemies that are hidden far behind or behind a cover.
5. Use the Shock Bolt to reveal the position of hidden enemies, such as those hiding behind walls or in smoke.
Fire a bolt that sticks to surfaces and reveals the position of any enemies within its range. When the bolt is fired, it will emit a pulsing sound and a bright light that can be seen by both Sova's team and the enemies. It will reveal the enemies position to Sova and his team for a short period of time, allowing them to gain an advantage in firefight or to make a better call on pushing a site.
The Recon Bolt can be used to gather information on the enemy's position, movements, or potential traps that have been placed by the enemy team. This is the best Sova ability, in my opinion, it does not cost anything and you have it every round. It holds one charge and it’s on cooldown. Enemies can also shoot at the planted bolt and destroy it.
Recon Bolt Tips
1. It allows you to scout for enemies from a distance without exposing yourself too much, you can hit different angles and make some amazing plays with it.
2. You can also hit an enemy with the bolt and they will carry it until it expires with them, revealing them and other enemies that are in their line of sight.
3. Many players make the mistake of not realizing that the bolt operates on a line of sight principle, meaning that if you hit a wall, and the enemy is just behind that wall, it will not detect the enemy because the wall is interrupting the bolt’s line of sight.
4. In order to utilize it the best, fire it at higher areas in order to cover the most detectable ground. It’s also worth noting that the smokes block the recon bolt’s line of sight and therefore it will not work. It doesn’t work if it’s in the smoke as well, and the enemy is in the smoke with the bolt (even friendly smokes!)
5. I find it best to use the recon bolt at the start of the round to cover important passages and get info where the enemy team could be in order to gain territory safely, and even possibly grab a free ultimate orb.
6. Most enemies when they see the recon bolt, attempt to shoot it down or run away, this can often be your short time window to pick up a kill when they’re not focused on you but rather on the recon bolt.
7. The Recon Bolt can be used to distract the enemy team by triggering it in a different location, giving you and your team an opportunity to reposition.
There are many tips and tricks on how to use the Recon Bolt to reveal places that usually shouldn’t be revealable, one of our Valorant coaching
professional coaches will be able to show you all the tricky spots.
Ultimate: Hunter’s Fury
Sova equips a bow with three long range. wall-piercing shots. You can fire it in any direction and it will hit anyone on it's way and it goes through walls and enemies, also revealing them. It deals 80 damage per hit. You can fire this ability up to 3 times within a 6 second period.
Hunter's Fury Tips
1. Use Hunter's Fury to clear out multiple enemies in a chokepoint or to push a site.
2. Many low-skill players will just use their ult randomly, even for scouting which is a bad idea. Use your recon arrow or the drone in order to get intel, and then start blasting them with the ult. Even if they destroy your recon bolt without you seeing where they are, try to rely on sound, or choke points, tight corners, and so on where players usually hide to blow them up. This will require you to learn the maps though, but you should be doing that anyway if you want to play like one of our Valorant boost
3. The Hunter's Fury can be used to flush out enemies hiding behind cover or in tight spaces.
4. Keep in mind that the Hunter's Fury has a relatively long cooldown, use it effectively and don't waste it.
5. The Hunter's Fury can be used to cover a retreat, by firing it behind you as you fall back.
Best Sova Maps
Bind is a compact map that places a high emphasis on information gathering, making Sova's recon abilities particularly useful in securing areas and helping his team make informed decisions.
: With multiple paths and long sightlines, Split offers Sova ample opportunities to gather information and provide his team with the advantage through his recon abilities.
: Ascent's sprawling design provides Sova with many angles to survey and gather information, making his recon abilities an asset for his team in securing areas and making strategic decisions.
: Haven's close-quarters areas and multiple paths make it a map where Sova's recon abilities can give his team a crucial edge in securing objectives and navigating the terrain.
Icebox: Icebox's open spaces and long sightlines make it an ideal map for Sova to gather information and provide his team with the advantage through his recon abilities.
Best Agents to Pair With Sova for Maximum Synergy
: Phoenix's ability to set areas on fire can force enemies out of hiding, making them easier targets for Sova's arrows.
: Jett's speed and mobility can create confusion for the enemy team, providing opportunities for Sova to gather information and take advantage of the chaos.
Breach: Breach's ability to create opening in walls can be used in conjunction with Sova's arrows to surprise and eliminate enemies.
Sova and Breach can also combo their abilities to gather information, secure areas, and push the enemy team.
Brimstone: Brimstone's ability to control areas can be used to set up for Sova's arrows and create opportunities for his team to eliminate enemies.
Wrapping up the Sova guide
I really hope you enjoyed my Sova guide and that you’ve learned something!
Don’t forget to check our Valorant rank boosting services
. where our pro players can help you reach any division, completely safely and anonymously.
Have a great day! :)