Who is Deckard Cain?
Deckard Cain, the Last Horadrim, is a character from the Diablo universe. As an avid scholar, Deckard Cain has dedicated his life to the pursuit of knowledge. He has been an advisor, storyteller, and friend to Sanctuary’s greatest heroes, guiding them through peril time and again. When Deckard speaks, it’s wise to stay awhile and listen.
Deckard joining the Nexus has been predicted by our Heroes of the Storm Boosting squad in our HotS next hero predictions post. Check it out to find out more heroes that will likely be joining the Nexus.
In Heroes of the Storm, Deckard is a melee support, similar to the infamous Medivh. He is a melee support with various utility. He excels at crowd control, zoning the enemy team and sustaining his. Find out how will he rank on our HotS Tier List. Deckard’s release date is April 24th, 2018.
Pros & Cons
– Self sustain (regenerating shield)
– Good solo laner / duelist
– Decent poke damage
– Great trait
– Weak vs burst damage
– Needs coordination with the team
– No on-demand burst healing
– Low mobility
– No Cleanse
Deckard Cain Talent Build
Level 1 – Field Study
Level 4 – Rejuvenation Potion
Level 7 – Kanai’s Cube
Level 10 – Stay Awhile And Listen
Level 13 – Ancient Blessings
Level 16 – Safety in Numbers
Level 20 – Bottomless Flask
NOTE: If you believe our build is outdated, please leave a comment and our professionals will update it immediately!
Counters (Avoid picking him vs these heroes)
Tips & Tricks
1. You can cast your potions on the ground for allies to pick them up, but you can also throw them right at them, practice aiming, practice throwing it on time when your ally is moving.
1. Potions last until someone picks them up, you can have maximum 5 on the ground, after you throw a sixth, the first one will be destroyed so there’s only 5 on the ground.
2. Your main crowd control combo is Horadric Cube (W) followed by a Scroll of Sealing (E) when enemies are slowed.
3. Remember that you can use Lorenado (R) to bring enemies to your team, for instance, to secure a kill or to isolate a weak target, it isn’t only to push enemies away.
4. It’s not a bad idea to keep a potion ready for yourself if you get attacked.
5. Don’t always use Horadric Cube (W) offensively, if you think you’re going to get dived, you’ll need it to escape.
6. The primary goal is to stay close to your allies to maximize your talents and utility, similar to Brightwing’s playstyle.
7. Pick Deckard in a team with good frontline, they can protect you and your utility will be used to the max only when you are not constantly dived and saving your life.
Thank you for reading our guide. Let us know if you disagree with anything or an update is due!
In case you still want professional help, we offer Premium HotS Hero and Team League boosting by some of the world’s best players. Get your Placement matches, divisions or NET wins done with a high winrate and start your Season right. For players who want 1 on 1 sessions with our professionals can book their coaching lessons now.