Who is Maiev Shadowsong?
Maiev served as Illidan’s jailor pursuing him accross Azeroth and Outland until she defeated him at the Black Temple. But the hunt changed her. Unable to rejoin with the Night Elves, Maiev reunited with her Wardens to continue her eternal watch.
In the Nexus, Maiev is an assasin from the Warcraft franchise. She has great mobility, escape, utility and AoE damage. Find out how will she rank on our HotS Tier List. Maiev’s release date is February 6th, 2018.
Pros & Cons
– Crowd control
– AoE damage
– Low single target damage
– No self sustain
– Poor wave clear
Maiev Talent Build
Level 1 – Naisha’s Memento
Level 4 – Blade Dance
Level 7 – Bonds of Corruption
Level 10 – Warden’s Cage
Level 13 – Shadow Armor
Level 16 – Armored Assault or Vengeful Knives
Level 20 – Shadow Orb: Shadow Strike
NOTE: If you believe our build is outdated, please leave a comment and our professionals will update it immediately!
Maiev Counters (Avoid picking her vs these heroes)
Tips & Tricks
1. Your trait, Vault of the Warden is great for dodging all kinds of abilities such as skillshots and heavy hitting heroics like Jaina’s Ring of Frost.
2. Your E, Spirit of Vengeance can be reactivated at any point during the shadow’s flight for you to teleport there, amazing for dodging, escaping even through walls.
3. Make sure to pick Maiev in compositions such as D.Va, E.T.C., Malfurion and so on, that have AoE damage or crowd control that will help you utilize your kit, and help them utilize theirs.
4. When tethering someone with your Umbral Bind (W) and they’re escaping from you, you can run in the opposite direction to force them to reach the outer circle and pull them towards you if needed.
4. Make sure to master stutter stepping in order to utilize your damage and kit completely.
5. When enemies hit your heroic Warden’s Cage from the outer side, they will get bounced in as well. This could be a bug and fixed in a next patch.
6. Smart enemy players will wait until you used your trait Vault of the Wardens to unleash heavy hitting abilities on you, don’t waste it.
7. Make sure to try and hit as many enemies as possible with your abilities.
Thank you for reading our guide. Let us know if you disagree with anything or an update is due!
In case you still want professional help, we offer Premium HotS Hero and Team League boosting by some of the world’s best players. Get your Placement matches, divisions or NET wins done with a high winrate and start your Season right. For players who want 1 on 1 sessions with our professionals can book their coaching lessons now.