Hi lads! Today our HotS boost team is here to talk about Medivh, the Guardian of Tirisfal. Latest support addition to the Nexus. Make sure to check regularly to see how will he position on ourHotS tier list because the meta is often very strict and not all heroes fit it. Medivh release date was 14th June 2016, right on time for Wacraft movie.
To understand who is Medivh, let’s start with an introduction
Medivh is a great ranged Specialist with an insane amount of utility, which allows him to be probably the single most flexible Heroes in the entire game and likely high on our Heroes of the Storm Tier List after Blizzard gives him some buffs. His Force of Will ability has great synergy with both Warriors and melee Assassins, his Portal should be used to complete deadly flanks or as an escape maneuver. However, one of Medivh’s best strengths is his simple ability to scout the whole battlefield using just his Raven Form. Because of all the different utility Medivh provides, he requires a ton of basic game knowledge and experience with him to show his full potential. But when played well, Medivh will single-handedly control the outcome of the game.
– Powerful crowd control abilities
– Scouting capabilities are amazing
– Flexible playstyle
– Post level 20 his waveclear is amazing
– He suffers from a relatively low damage output
. His skill curve is quite high
– Correct Portal placement will take some practice
– Is not comparable to a real support/specialist
Raven Form (D)
Possessing Atiesh allows Medivh to transform into a Raven. Upon transforming, Medivh gains 15% Movement Speed, can fly over terrain, and becomes Immune to all effects.
(Comment: Default vision radius is reduced, no interaction with Temple Objectives or collecting seeds/gems, so probably also no other objectives or merc capture points, XP soak is still possible)
Arcane Rift (Q)
Launch an Arcane Rift in the target direction that deals 182 damage to enemies in its path. If an enemy Hero is hit, the cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds and 30 mana is refunded
Force of Will (W)
Project your will onto an ally, shielding them from all damage for 1.5 seconds.
(Only damage, you’re not Unstoppable)
Place a Portal at Medivh and the target location, creating a link that allows allies to teleport between both Portals. The link lasts 6 seconds.
Poly Bomb (R1)
Poly Bombs the target enemy hero, silencing them and supressing their attack for 2 seconds. On expiration, the target spreads Poly Bomb to other nearby enemy heroes.
(This is indefinitly like chain bomb lvl 20 upgrade, Relentless makes it scarier, as it activates faster leaving less time to split up)
Ley Line Seal (R2)
After 0.5 seconds, unleash a forceful blast of Arcane magic from beneath the ground, imprisoning enemy Heroes in its path and placing them in Statis for 3 seconds.
(3 seconds after being hit, so not everyone will be released at the same time. Does it interact with Merc Camps like Void Prision, or can you freeze them and then capture?)
Medivh Is Strong Against
– Sgt. Hammer
Role In The Meta
Medivh has the special ability where he can make his allies Invulnerable for a small period of time using his Force of Will. This makes him perfect with aggressive team comps with melee Assassins and Bruisers, including Thrall, Illidan, or Sonya.
Raven Form can be an incredibly strong scouting tool, as no enemy Heroes are able to attack Medivh while he is in that form. This gives him the power to gather information about enemy movement maths and any rotations. However, he should try not to separate himself very far from the rest of his teammates, as the Raven Form’s movement speed much slower than what you would expect of typical mounts. In addition, Medivh has the ability to wreak complete havoc within enemy lines due to his exceptional crowd control effects by his Heroic Abilities Ley Line Seal and Poly Bomb. However, all of this will take lots of practice, and we recommend that you practice on one of our Heroes of the Storm Accounts until you are ready to defeat all of your opponents!
– Make sure that you hit an enemy Hero every time when using Arcane Rift. Doing this will reduce its cooldown immensely.
– His Raven Form is a really effective scouting tool. Try to use it as much as you can to constantly reveal the enemy team’s location.
– Though Raven Form is very useful, try not stray very far from your teammates, as they will probably require your assistance if they are ambushed or ganked by your opponents.
– Force of Will is extremely effective when used on melee Assassins such as Thrall, Illidan, or The Butcher. If there are no melee Assassins on your team composition, tanks (especially if they are engaging your enemy team) should be your next target for this strong ability.
– Medivh will not be targeted by any enemy Structures while he is in Raven Form, so make sure that you are providing your team with vision while pushing and sieging.
– Our HotS Boost team tells their clients during sessions to try to keep in mind that his Portal can be used offensively and defensively. Each situation is different so it can be used on a formidable ability to either help allies engage or run away.