Hi lads! Today our HotS boost team is here to talk about Chromie, the Bronze dragon. Latest mage addition to the Nexus. Make sure to check regularly to see how will she position on ourHotS tier list because the meta is often very strict and not all heroes fit it. Chromie release date is unknown.
To understand who is Chromie, let’s start with her abilities.
– Huge burst damage
– Long range, able to nuke from Fog of War
– Gets talents 1 lvl ahead of everyone
– Has to land skillshots
– No escapes
– Mana hungry
Timewalker (D): You’ve traveled into the future, and as such, will learn your Talents 1 level earlier than your teammates.
Sand Blast (Q): After 1 second, fire a long-range blast that damages the first enemy Hero it hits.
Dragon’s Breath (W): Fire a blast into the air that lands after 1.5 seconds, dealing damage to enemies in an area. Enemies cannot see where the blast will land.
Time Trap (E):Place a Time Trap that arms and Stealths after 2 seconds. The first enemy Hero to touch it will be placed into Stasis for 2 seconds. Only 1 Trap can exist at once.
Slowing Sands (R1): Create a swirling vortex of sand which greatly slows enemies caught within its area of effect. The longer Slowing Sands is active, the greater its slow becomes.
Temporal Loop (R2): Target enemy Hero will be teleported 3 seconds back in time to the position they were in when you initially cast Temporal Loop.
How To Play Chromie
This build we’re using features a one shot combo that I’m going to teach you now. It revolves around stacking Shifting Sands AP stacks up to full 50%, and doing the R-W-Q sequence. Temporal Loop allows for a semi guaranteed location for you to dump your skill shots for max damage, and this build is created to max out a huge sum of damage from both Chromie’s Q and W. At 50% AP, along Past and Future Me’s extra Q, and Dragon’s Eye 25% damage buff to the center of W, you can pretty much literally execute a “one shot, one kill” combo. Atleast on the squishies.
Illidan: Chromie is countered by pretty much anything melee assasin that sticks on you and won’t let you go, Illidan being one of them.
Zeratul: Same scenario, sticks on you and won’t let you go.
Kerrigan: Read above.
Thrall: Read above.
Greymane: Read above.
Muradin: Always a great soaker for AP mages such as Li-Ming, KT, Jaina, and now, Chromie. His huge health pool effectively soaks all your damage.
Dehaka: Licks and sticks.
Lunara: Pokes you to death and dodges your skillshots.
Chromie Is Strong Against
Sgt. Hammer: The tank doesn’t move and you blow him up with your combo.
The Lost Vikings: You one shot all of them.
1. Dragon’s Breath doesn’t have a circle where it will land. This makes life very difficult for the enemy team and their healer as they won’t know where you’ve fired it before it’s already in someone’s face.
2. Sand Blast’s cooldown is quite low, make sure to spam it if not mana depleted.
3. Chromie has a really long range – make use this to fight from Fog of War and siege enemy buildings.
4. Due to the casting delay on Sand Blast, cast Dragon’s Breath and combo it with Sand Blast like we explained above.
5. Use Temporal Loop for offensive and defensive purposes.
6. Build Time Out on level 13 vs bursty teams.