Who is Blaze, The Veteran Firebat?
Cpl. Miles “Blaze” Lewis has always been drawn to the flame, but it wasn’t until he joined up with Raynor’s Raiders that he put his pyromania to good use. He’s seen his fair share of battles since then, and has never failed to bring the heat.
Blaze is a tank from the Starcraft franchise. He has great survivability, self-sustain, crowd control and mobility.
His trait is an ability that gives him Armor and damages enemies around him. His Q is a frontal skillshot that damages enemies and reduces the cooldown of his trait. His W is also a frontal ability that leaves a spill of oil on the ground which slows enemies and can be fired up with his Q to damage enemies standing in it, and heal himself by standing in it. His E propels him forward while stunning and damaging the first enemy hit and enemies around him.
His first heroic is a bunker that allows him and allies to hide inside and shoot flamethrowers, when allies exit the bunker they gain armor for a short period of time. His second heroic is an AoE ability that is channeled and when it explodes it deals damage to enemies inside and slowing them.
How will he rank on our Heroes of the Storm Tier List, click and see. Blaze’s release date is January 10th, 2018.
Pros & Cons
– Zoning potential
– Fair mobility
– Some crowd control
– Self sustain
– Great wave clear
– Weak against burst damage
– Weak against single target damage
– Can be kited
Level 1 – Neural Stimpack
Level 4 – Adhesive Petroleum
Level 7 – Grill and Kill
Level 10 – Combustion
Level 13 – Fuel Leak
Level 16 – Thermal Protection
Level 20 – Flash Fire
NOTE: If you believe our build is outdated, please leave a comment and our professionals will update it immediately!
Blaze Counters (Avoid picking him vs these heroes)
Strong Maps for Blaze
Tips & Tricks
1. Pick Blaze in team compositions that have roots / slows / stuns to utilize his abilities.
2. Blaze’s Oil Spill loses the slow debuff when you set it on fire, sometimes you need it more than the damage.
3. A great combo is W > e > Q when an enemy is far away from you to chase them down. Open with Oil Spill to slow, stun them with E, basic attacks while stutter stepping and light it on fire if you only need damage, don’t light it if you need slows.
4. When an enemy is close to you, the combo is Oil Spill > Basic Attacks with stutter step > Q to light it up > E to stun when they try to escape to keep them in Oil Spill.
4. If you play Bunker heroic, you can steal objectives with it because the loading bar loads when you’re in it. This could change in the future. If nothing, you can stall and zone enemies out of the objective.
5. Standing in burning Oil Spill heals you.
6. You can easily peel your allies as Blaze, use your E to stun them, Oil Spill to slow, and your Combustion to finally slow them again.
7. You have two Oil Spill charges, if it’s a tight area you can chain them together side by side or one in front of another and light them up with only one Q.
8. Xour Bunker removes all debuffs such as Xul’s dot damage ultimate, Kael’thas’ bombs and so on.
9. You and your allies can spread and choose where to exit the bunker so you all do not get caught in, lets say Malfurion’s root.
10. If you decide to play Neural Stimpack as a first talent, it reduces the cooldown of your trait and heroic abilities as well. This could get changed in the future.
Thank you for reading our guide. Let us know if you disagree with anything or an update is due!
In case you still want professional help, we offer Premium HotS Hero and Team League boosting by some of the world’s best players. Get your Placement matches, divisions or NET wins done with a high winrate and start your Season right. For players who want 1 on 1 sessions with our professionals can book their coaching lessons now.