Who Is Orisa
Real Name: Orisa, Age: 1 month
Occupation: Guardian Robot
Base of Operations: Numbani
Orisa Explained By Overwatch’s Developers
If you’re just skipping the video because it’s too long, our Overwatch boost team prepared a summary of the key points:
– Orisa is a new tank hero for Overwatch.
– LMB is a projectile-based machine gun that has more range than any other tank in the game.
– RMB will send out a pulse (just like Zarya’s Gravitation Surge). Once RMB is clicked again, all targets within its radius will be pulled together for a short period of time. It is an ability mainly used for repositioning targets, so mainly a mini Gravitation Surge.
– “Fortify” will make Orisa tougher as well as stops all crowd control from affecting her. An example of such ability is Pharah’s concussive blast.
– “Protective Barrier” is Orisa’s defining ability. It closely resembles Winston’s bubble but just about half the size of it. It also goes straight out to the direction it is targeted at. The barrier can most definitely be destroyed and also anything that penetrates existing barriers in the game will also go through this one and damage what’s inside.
– As for her ultimate “Supercharger”, Orisa will take the drum off her back and then throw it on the ground. This item will be placed in the certain position targeted and can be killed by the enemy team. The item will boost the damage output of allies in line of sight of the Supercharger. Knowing that it can be killed by the enemy, the Supercharger should be either protected with a barrier or placed somewhere the enemy can see but the allies can, recommends our OW boosting team.
Why is there another tank being added to the game?
Developers have looked into the tanks present in the game right now, and through careful analysis, they realized that the community/players needed more tanks that are more of the “anchor-tank” role. Anchor-tanks anchor the team and build everything around them.
For example, Reinhardt. Other tanks are present such as Winston, but their role is highly reliant on their mobility and harassment. For example, Roadhog punishes enemy players who are out of position.
Here is an overview of Orisa’s abilities:
Fusion Driver [LMB]: An automatic projectile three barrel arm-mounted gun that seems to provide sustained damage. Similar to D.Va’s gun, it slows down the hero while firing. This would be an ability that is reliant on good aim.
Halt! [RMB]: A gravitation charge that is fired and can then be detonated, slowing enemies nearby as well as pulling them towards the explosion. This is similar to Zarya’s ult instead less powerful and no duration to it. This would be an ability that would be great for positioning enemies for an ult such as Reinhardt ult or even charge.
Fortify [LSHIFT]: A temporary damage reduction ability (Reduces damage taken by 50%) that also makes her immune to crowd control abilities. The buff lasts for 4 seconds and has a 10-second cooldown.
Protective Barrier [E]: Orisa throws a barrier that protects her and her allies from enemy fire. The barrier looks like a stationary version of Reinhardt’s with 900 health. The barrier lasts for 20 seconds if its health holds up. This ability is a great contributor to Orisa’s nature as a tank and allows for an alternative to Reinhardt.
Supercharger [Q]: Orisa deploys a device that will increase allies’ damage that are within her line of sight. It increases damage dealt by 50% to allies within a 25-meter radius as well as lasts for 15 seconds. The supercharger can be destroyed and it has 200 health. A pretty boring ult but very effective in reality.
Orisa Tips By Our Overwatch Boosting Team
1. Orisa’s Fortify will allow her to survive just about any enemy hero’s ultimate ability with its 50% damage reduction.
2. Orisa’s Fusion Driver is a constant firing shot with no burst firing which makes it easier. Aim, shoot, and don’t worry. The clip on the gun is relatively large too (about 16 seconds of constant firing until a reload is needed).
3. Orisa’s barrier cooldown starts when it is placed on the ground and not when it is destroyed. So once you place one before a fight you can get the chance of placing another one while the other one is still active.
4. Halt can be used while firing Fusion Driver which is great. It will also connect to enemies with a yellow line so keep an eye out for that. Those connected will be affected.
5. Using your shield to protect your supercharger and at the same time, yourself can be very helpful especially as it will be the first target of your enemies. It will also provide with great damage output for your team.
6. Orisa’s Fortify will also prevent her from being affected by Reinhardt’s Charge.