Our Heroes of the Storm Boost team brings you info from PTR servers about the upcoming support hero from the Starcraft franchise, Lt. Rosa Morales. We’ve covered her skin variations before. This HotS Lt. Morales Guide will fully prepare you for when she is released.
WHO IS LT. MORALES
The Medics of the United Earth Directorate follow a time-honored tradition of selflessly marching into combat zones to aid their injured brethren. These fearless women, aided only by protective shielding, are highly skilled healers capable of restoring the health and vitality of wounded soldiers. While expendable, the massive losses of Terran marines during the Great War began to become cost prohibitive. The medic’s use of chemical modifiers has greatly enhanced the survival rate of UED forces, lengthening the expected battlefield life expectancy to over nine seconds.
During the Guild Wars, the Terran Confederacy experimented with adding medics to front-line infantry units. By the Great War, Confederate medics mostly remained at bases to care for wounded soldiers. Raynor’s Raiders medics operated on the front lines, at least on some occasions. The Terran Dominion still maintains a combat medic program, as medivac dropships are expensive to deploy.
Despite their armor and arm-mounted shields, medics are vulnerable on the battlefield. Generally, their only armament is the A-13 flash grenade launcher, which is used to provide illumination and blind enemy targets.
We shall start our HotS Lt. Morales Guide with her abilities, followed by Lt. Morales Build and last being Tips & Tricks!
[Q] Redirect Healing Beam – Cooldown: 0.5 seconds – Redirect Healing Beam to another target. Use on self to cancel channeling.
[Q] Healing Beam – Cooldown: 0.5 seconds – Heal an ally for 420 (40 + 20 per level) health a second as long as they are in range. Reactivate to switch targets, or activate your Trait to cancel the channel
[W] Safeguard – 60 Mana – Cooldown: 15 seconds – Grant target ally Resistant, reducing damage taken by 25% for 3 seconds.
[E] Displacement Grenade – 50 Mana – Cooldown: 12 seconds – Fire a grenade that explodes on the first enemy hit, dealing 460 (80 + 20 per level) damage, knocking enemies away.
[R] Stim Drone – 100 Mana – Cooldown: 90 seconds – Grant an allied Hero 75% Attack Speed and 25% Movement Speed for 10 seconds.
[R] Medivac Dropship – 60 Mana – Cooldown: 50 seconds – Target a location for a Medivac transport. For up to 10.5 seconds before takeoff, allies can right-click to enter the Medivac.
[TRAIT] Caduceus Reactor – Regenerate 3.12% of your maximum Health every second after not taking damage for 4 seconds.
LT. MORALES BUILD
Trauma Trigger () – You will be taking this most of your games because Lt. Morales cannot heal herself, so any survivability is good before you get out of combat and start regening HP with your trait.
Take Advanced Block ( if enemy team consists of atleast two autoattackers (Illidan, Raynor, Butcher and so on…), this is an improved block because it has three charges, normal Block has 2 charges.
If the enemy composition isn’t autoattacking focused, take Bioshield ( – This ability is chained with your Healing Beam, the target you have healing beam on will get a stacking shield that stacks up to 5 times, if you change the Healing Beam to someone else, shield is lost.
This one is heavy, all four talents can be useful. But our Heroes of the Storm Boost team has prepared explanations for all four. We generally suggest Cleanse( or MULE( but read more below in our HotS Lt. Morales Guide.
Clear () – Take this one if the enemy has dive assasins such as Illidan, Butcher and if your team has heroes like Sgt. Hammer or squishy carries like Kael, Jaina because your E will now knockback farther and radius is increased by 33%. Get this talent if you’re lazy on using Cleanse and you do not play on maps that require MULE.
Irradiate ( – In case you’re playing a double tank setup, or a double support setup and you need that little damage push. This talent will cause your target of Healing Beam to cause AoE damage.
MULE () – Use this talent as a first one if you play Sky Temple, Haunted Mines or Blackheart’s Bay in order to repair your buildings.
Cleanse (Activate to remove all stuns, roots, silences, and slows from the target and reduce the duration of their reapplication by 50% for 2 seconds. Pretty clear talent, very useful if you can micromanage your abilities like our Heroes of the Storm Boost team.
Both Heroics are very useful.
– Use Medivac Dropship ( most of the times because the options are limitless, you can do so much with it. Note that after you call the ship, a 10 second timer starts counting and the Medivac is vulnerable and can be destroyed! 4 out of 10 seconds you cannot fly because it is charging up. Pressing E will make you fly. Picture below is a screenshot of Medivac UI.
– If your team consists of a reliable autoattacker, or even two, you can use the second Heroic called Stim Drone(), it increases the autoattack speed and movement speed of the target for 10 seconds.Steroids are good.
Here, take Couples Therapy(. This is the first time you can actually heal yourself, you’re healed for 25% of your Healing Beam healing on the target for additional 4 mana per sec.
Here take Shield Sequencer(). This talent allows you to cast another [W] Safeguard within 3 seconds with no mana cost.
Caduceus Reactor 2.0.()This talent is just too strong compared to other ones. While your trait is active you gain 8 mana per sec and a shield of 50 damage that stacks up to 5 times. You can spam your abilities and enter the next fight with 250 shield.
TIPS & TRICKS
– You can still abuse your trait regen in combat, you just need to position yourself well and not take damage. Stay at maximum range!
– Do not lane alone, your clear and sustain are obviously very poor.
– You can cast Q on minions, W too. Focus both of these on a minion tanking the tower damage in order to maximize push.
– Do not mindlessly use Q on stuff, especially minions, mana management is extremely important with Lt. Morales, the Medic.
– If you decided to take Stim Drone as your Heroic ability, make sure to cast W on the target you gave it too because he will likely be hard focused, he glows bright blue so enemy team knows who to focus.
– At level 16 when you have Shield Sequencer (double W within 3 secs) make sure to play with Quick Cast so you can mash your buttons on two targets taking dmg very fast.
I hope you enjoyed our HotS Lt. Morales Guide. Let us know in the comments if you believe our Lt. Morales Build isn’t the same you use and why!