Who is Yrel Anyway?
Yrel (pronounced “Yee-Rell”) is a Draenei paladin who appears in various locations around Draenor. She initially starts off as a naïve priestess of Karabor, enslaved by the Iron Horde, and eventually gains combat experience while fighting the orcish threat. After the demise of Velen and numerous betrayals from within Draenei society, Yrel takes upon herself the burden of leading her people. She becomes a member of the Council of Exarchs, and an important figure among both the Draenei and the Alliance forces on Draenor. She is also one of the main protagonists of World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.
In Heroes of the Storm, Yrel is a tank, a mixture between E.T.C, Muradin and Arthas. We could consider her a tank support as a matter of fact. She excels at protecting her allies and sustaining herself. Find out how will she rank on our Heroes of the Storm Hero League Tier List. Yrel’s release date is June 12th, 2018.
Pros & Cons
– Self sustain
– Great at protecting allies
– Fair crowd control
– Fun to play
– Weak vs crowd control
– Low damage
– Not really a defined role
Level 1 – Light of Karabor
Level 4 – Gift of the Naaru
Level 7 – Divine Steed
Level 10 – Ardent Defender
Level 13 – Aldor Peacekeeper
Level 16 – Divine Favor
Level 20 – Word of Glory
NOTE: If you believe our build is outdated, please leave a comment and our professionals will update it immediately!
Counters (Avoid picking her vs these heroes)
Tips & Tricks
1. Be careful against crowd control heroes, they can interrupt your abilities and deny you.
2. Note that when you’re channeling abilities you move slower.
3. Your goal will mostly be to flank enemies and protect your backline. You can do well as a ganker too. Do not chase kills while your team dies.
4. Your main combo usually is Avenging Wrath (E) behind the enemy > Righteous Hammer (W) to knock them into your team or an unfavorable position and Retribution (Q).
5. Don’t forget about your trait Divine Purpose, you should use it as often as possible, but saving it for a sticky situation is good, such as jumping out of Kael’thas AoE damage and so on.
6. Try to use Ardent Defender on around 50%, then you can keep fighting while absorbing damage instead of running away from the battle if using it low health.
7. You can use the other heroic ability Sacred Ground on maps such as Sky Temple or Infernal Shrines so you can hold the objective long.
8. Use Ardent Defender for blocking huge abilities like Pyroblast.
9. When using Vindication (Q), you do not need to hit an enemy to gain healing, it’s a good self-sustain ability.
Thank you for reading our guide. Let us know if you disagree with anything or an update is due!
In case you still want professional help, we offer Premium HotS Hero and Team League boosting by some of the world’s best players. Get your Placement matches, divisions or NET wins done with a high winrate and start your Season right. For players who want 1 on 1 sessions with our professionals can book their coaching lessons now.