Who is Fenix?
Fenix was a protoss zealot, and praetor of the Protoss Defense Forces. He personally led his fellow warriors into battle against those who called themselves the enemies of the Protoss Empire. Revered by his warrior-brethren, he was dubbed the Steward of the Templar, and is one of the most celebrated heroes in protoss history, legendary for his deeds on the battlefield.
In Heroes of the Storm, Fenix took Dragoon form from the Starcraft franchise. He is a basic attacking assasin with self-sustain. He excels at 1v1 fights, laning and wave clearing. Find out how will he rank on our HotS Tier List. Fenix’s release date is March 27th, 2018.
Pros & Cons
– Self sustain (regenerating shield)
– Good solo laner / duelist
– Decent poke damage
– Weak vs burst damage
– Weak vs crowd control
– Poor wave clear
– Has soft crowd control only
Fenix Talent Build
Level 1 – Advanced Targeting
Level 4 – Emergency Protocol
Level 7 – Combat Advantage
Level 10 – Planet Cracker
Level 13 – Auxiliary Shields
Level 16 – Photonic Weaponry or Offensive Cadence
Level 20 – Singularity Charge or Unconquered Spirit
NOTE: If you believe our build is outdated, please leave a comment and our professionals will update it immediately!
Counters (Avoid picking him vs these heroes)
Tips & Tricks
1. Fenix is a great solo laner because of self-sustain and splash damage from his second Weapon Mode (W)
1. Use the splash longer range Weapon Mode (W) for wave clearing and when your team just engaged and you’re still looking for a good position and single target.
2. When chasing a single target with single target weapon mode, make sure to stutter step well and change the mode to a long range one as soon as the target gets out of your range.
3. When using Purification Salvo (R) heroic ability, note that you can scan the targets and immediately move out of range while you’re channeling the heroic, they will still all get hit no matter your range.
4. You can use your auto attacks and stutter step while your Plasma Cutter (Q) is active.
5. Your Warp (E) can be interrupted as the ability channels shortly before teleporting you.
6. The enemies cannot see where will you land with your Warp (E), so use it wisely to fake them out.
7. Planet Cracker (R) has infinite range, but does not damage structures. Unlike Purification Salvo (R) you cannot move while channeling, but you can cancel it if needed.
Thank you for reading our guide. Let us know if you disagree with anything or an update is due!
In case you still want professional help, we offer Premium HotS Hero and Team League boosting by some of the world’s best players. Get your Placement matches, divisions or NET wins done with a high winrate and start your Season right. For players who want 1 on 1 sessions with our professionals can book their coaching lessons now.